So you may have lost some teeth and are considering getting removable dental plates. This is a big decision and can affect not just your smile but your quality of life in the long run.
Before you get yourself one, here are some things you should know.
- Your removable dental plates, also known as dentures, may feel weird the first time you fit it, but give it time to adjust and soon, you won’t even notice they’re there.
- Inserting and removing the plates in your mouth may take some practice. Follow your dentist’s instructions.
- If a part of your mouth or gums feel sore because of pressure from your dentures, you may need to pay your dentist a visit for a refitting or an adjustment.
- You know your dentures are well-made for your mouth and teeth if they fit easily and comfortable. They should be snug and you don’t have to wiggle them to find the right position in your mouth.
- You should always follow your dentist’s instructions on how to care for your dentures to keep them clean and in good shape. Some of the caring tips for your removable dental plates include:
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
- Brushing your dentures with soft-bristled toothbrush and with non-abrasive toothpaste or dentist-recommended denture cleaner
- After eating, always clean your dentures by rinsing off food debris that may be trapped in it
- Place your removable dental plates in a soaking solution or water when not in use at night
- Avoid bending or twisting your dental plates to keep their shape
You may need adjustments to your dental plates after a while, so be sure to visit your dentist regularly for examinations, cleanings, and consultations.
Call your local dentist today to schedule an appointment.