Regular routine dental cleaning is vital not just for your oral health but also for your overall health and well-being. This means that more than regular brushing and flossing, it’s important that you also visit your dentist every six months for dental examinations and professional cleanings.
But what really goes on in a routine dental cleaning and how different is it from regular tooth brushing and flossing?
- Dental exam. Once you get on your local dentist’s office, you will be led to the dental chair where you will also be interviewed about your dental history. Your dentist will also check your entire mouth, especially your teeth and gums for any potential problems.
- Removing build-up. Food debris and bacteria can build up in your teeth, causing plaque and tartar. These may not be effectively removed by normal tooth brushing, especially when the tartar develops around the gum line. Your dentist will scrape these off using a scaler, and you may experience some bleeding, which you can rinse off.
Book an appointment today
Book with a local dentist that takes the time to treat you. We’re proud to represent our Caloundra & Currimundi community with affordable prices which we list online.
Give us a ring on 07 5358 0413 or book online using the button below.
- Power brushing. Your dentist will then use a high-powered electric brush and gritty toothpaste for professional cleaning and polishing of your teeth.
- Professional flossing. Your dentist is in a good position to see where you may have missed flossing. This part of your routine dental cleaning helps get a deep clean in between your teeth.
- Rinse. Give your mouth a final rinse to get rid of any debris. This rinse usually contains liquid fluoride to keep your teeth strong and healthy.
- Flouride treatment. Your dentist may also give your teeth a fluoride treatment. A fluoride gel is put on a mouthpiece which is then placed on over your teeth.
Give your teeth and gums some loving. Think of routine dental cleaning as a spa for your mouth.
Schedule one with our dentist at Caloundra here in Battery Hill Dental. Call us today.