Let’s face it. Not everyone practices impeccable oral hygiene or sees their local dentist regularly. And those that already have tooth problems but continue to neglect dental health are more likely to be wearing dentures sooner or later.
So do you think you may be one of those people? Here are 8 red flags to look out for to see if you may need to wear dentures.
- Frequent and severe tooth aches that are left untreated
- You don’t see your dentist twice a year for cleaning and examinations
- Your gums are always bleeding, swollen, red, and tender
- You already lost one or more teeth to periodontal disease
- Difficulty chewing certain food, which is a sign of tooth damage, decay, or gum disease
- Gaps between your tooth are getting wider due to loose or moving teeth
- You have indigestion because you don’t chew properly due to tooth problems
- You’re embarrassed to smile
Having one or two of these signs apply to you doesn’t mean you’re definitely headed for a dentured life. By knowing these signs, you can actually prevent tooth loss and eventually dentures. You can prevent your dental problems from getting worse, which can mean even more drastic—and costlier—treatments.
These warning signs can serve as a wakeup call for you to visit your dentist, be proactive about dental treatments, and start practicing good oral hygiene.
So go ahead and visit your friendly Sunshine Coast dentists today.